Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 3 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone.
Missed calling in here last night. I tried everything to make it rain..... left washing on the line overnight, watered all the broms so we didn't need the rain, finally today I opened a new packet of gum that I bought on the spure of the moment last night and it wasn't until I was doing that and thought "that's right it's raining now and the rest will sweat and have to be dumped". that's when I realised it worked ... made it rain hahaha. we had about 20ml today

Shirley in relation to those 2 NOIDs .... the first you've had id of neo lila and the 2nd I'm pretty sure is neo strawberry which we have. perhaps you got it from here????

Nev when I'm taking a pic of a tall thin plant I turn the camera sideways to get a full screen shot. When I upload I rotate the pic in my database but when I post one of these pics the computer rotates them back again. sorry about the kinked neck.
Pic 1 2 are pics of one of your seedlings Nev. The label says emevichal however doesn't say what genera and I can't find it in the FCBS or BCR. can you please give me more details?
Pic 3 is another one of our concentrica seedlings I discovered on the weekend when someone wanted to buy it. the pic doesn't show how smokey black the plant is. it is stunning. I'll try to capture the black again tomorrow.
Pic 4 is one of our painted delight seedlings PD3 taken yesterday but a pup of Pic 5 PD3 taken Oct 2011 (unless I named 2 plants with same number) but I'm sure this is one of the first pups taken off. It does look very different to the mother if it is.