Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 3 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning you lot.
I've got a problem with my camera, and the cord doesn't seem to fit properly anymore, so I cant transfer the photos I took yesterday. There will be a way around it, I'll just have to figure it out.
I don't think Kev, from India was a serious addition to our thread. I'm pretty sure it was a scam of some sort. just don't go clicking on the link he posted. You never know what you'll get yourself into.
Nev, that A. 'April SHowers' is unsual eh? Did it keep that colour/marking? I like your Alan Ladd hybrids, and one of the pics i was going to post was Billbergia 'Dark Ladd'. I will find a way! The B. pyramidalis hybrid looks to be the same as one Ross has at Pinegrovem which had thrown a vaiegated sport, very stable, and was in flower while we were there. I've attached the pic as photo one.
Wow, I just put my SD card in the tablet, and all the pics are there, so I can show you B. 'Dark Ladd' too!
Ian, I am interested in any recipes for pest management also. I found Rob Smythes oil recipe has worked treat, and haven't found anything much in the way of fly speck scale recently, But I am finding soft brown scale on old mums, and figure it could be caused by their lack of energy and vigour, after producing pups, and maybe its time to bury them? Has anyone else had this problem? I have given them a spray with some nasty stuff, and then given them a light feed, but just wonder, is it worth it?
Wendy, how wonderful that your sales went so well. You will need a holiday after all that! Did having the sale create much room, or is it still hard to see whats gone?
Anyway, I better get myself up and adam, but first, the photos (I have already walked the dogs,but am lazing on the bed)
photo one is Billbergia 'Alan Ladd'
Photo two is B. 'Dark Ladd' a B. 'Domingos Martinez' hybrid
Photo three is Vriesea 'Hummels Sun Spot'
Photo four is the new Orchid, Dendrobium aphyllum
Photo five are Tillandsia leiboldiana seedlings, self sown on a log in the brom house.
Sue