Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 3 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone, just here for a short time today.

Karen – They say a picture’s worth a thousand words, so for a better description of Ae Recurvata, have a look at the plant on the left of the second picture of my last post.

Sue – More great shots of your wonderful gardens to put us all to shame and the flowers on Quesnellia Farro and other similar ones never cease to amaze me.

Ian – Like you I’m a bit inclined to experiment with different fertilizers as well.
Ursulaea macvaughii is a great plant with an amazing flower; your plant is getting a bit of size but still has a bit of growing to do. I grew hundreds of these from seed but gave them all away as they didn’t like the cold down here in winter.

Wendy – That’s a nice Galactic Warrior, the leaves seem wider than the ones we grow down here but then maybe it’s just the angle it’s photographed from. From what you say about your green pup it seems like I may have had too much nitrogen to kick it along.

Shirley – It seems like my old eyes are the only part of me that’s working properly at present (imagine an “old fart” like me picking up flyspeck on a pic on a computer screen) I’m really proud of myself.

Breeindy – What a great lot of pic’s you’ve posted today. I don’t think your No.3 plant in your first post is ‘Spots and Dots’. There are two forms with one being the original variegated one and another NOVAR, but I don’t think yours is either. The stripe in your ‘Manoa Beauty’ is interesting as I have a plant I grew from one of my crosses with a similar stripe which comes out in it every year and just like yours it’s just a single stripe.
Now a few pic’s, 1st Neo [Charm x Cracker Jack ] x Self seedling to show Breeindy the similar stripe to her Manoa Beauty what a coincidence. The next four pic’s are not my plants but taken at the show.

All the best, Nev.