Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 3 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning all. Oops, oh, yes, its still morning. OK.

Visited my uncle and his wife yesterday. He is dreadfully ill, and I fear we may not have him much longer. Then we went to see what was new at Sanctuary Cove afterwards. So much money crammed into one small space. Its so overbuilt it isn't even pretty. Lots of broms in the gardens in the shopping centre, but on the dry side so not showing their best at all. But we enjoyed walking around, looking at the shops and the boats at the marina.

Karen

The first pic is a pup I got from Rick Cairns, starting to show some colour. Can't wait to see it mature as it looks nice. No name though.
2 is good old neo. Fireball. It really seems to like its position and holds its colour well.
Forgot the name of this ae. but nice to see it in flower again. I didn't feel like wresting with the prickly leaves to try to find its name.
4 is a colourful stand of small broms and minis.
5 is a small vriesea growing happily in the 'wild' garden out front.