Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi All

Hope everyone's well!

Just had 4 days off in a row and can't help but want some more time off to spend in the garden. We were busy on my first day of replacing the shade cloth to the whole of the nursery so I was up on the roof (hubby was supervising from the ground - I wanted to hurl a couple of things at his head on a number of occasions and could have really done with a swear jar up there lol :) from about 7:30am to 11am, the finished job looks fantastic and we are very pleased with the end result and glad we got this job done prior to summer hitting us because I think we are going to be in for a real scourcher of a summer. Took me most of the remainder of the day to recover from the aerobic work-out I had on the roof and I had no choice but to take it easy the rest of the day so just pottering around the garden, pulling out the odd weed and hosing my brom's. Anyway hubbies Orchids, my Ferns and all my other plants will be well protected over summer so we are very pleased we got this big job out of the road.

Hi Shirley, Wow! beautiful pic's of your shadehouse, great job how you have it all set-up is amazing and I luv all the beautiful colours and types of brom's you have - so much wonderful colour in each and every brom and they all look so healthy.

Hi Sue, thanks for sharing beaufiful pic's of the brom' hothouse you went to see at the orchid show, it is always nice to see how they have everything staged and growing, nice to get idea's where you can that can possibly fit in somewhere around one's own garden. Nice pic of what looks to be Hannibal Lector, I have this one but can't confirm the flower as mine has not flowered yet?

Hi Karen, look forward so seeing pic's of your brom's flowering - always an exciting time when it arrives. I too have a pup of Groucho and it is doing really well and colouring up nicely, I will post a pic sometime soon (too many pic's attached hereto already).

Hi Wendy, yeah computers sometimes get the better of us and it's good to know when to walk away lol. I'm on them all day long, hence why I look forward to a bit of fresh air come clock-off time and the weekends. Look forward to seeing some pic's from you soon.

Hi Nev, hope the brom' show went smoothly and that you had some time to enjoy yourself. Look forward to hearing how it all went. Now hopefully you can rest some and catch you breath for a bit and reflect on how great I am sure everything went.

Hi Ian, thanks for the valuable advice about separating safely Splendrite pups off mother, I can't wait for mine to pup now so I can give your technique a go and report back to everyone how I went. I just purchased Neo' Govenors Plea which should arrive in the post this week. I agree with Shirley, could you be looking for Norman Bates? I not long purchased this one and can post a pic if you like?

Hi Jean, Welcome to this Forum, I am a relatively new kid on the block (couple of weeks I think I first joined) and really loving the wonderful people you get to chat with in this Forum, the helpful advice and beautiful pic's you get to see and share. Also looking forward to seeing some pics from you when you get a chance.

Hi Colleen, Tash, BreeIndy and Gabi65 - hope your are all well and that I have not missed saying hi to everyone, if I have I promise to do better next time.

Here's a couple of pic's taken today:
Pic 1 - Neo' Meyendorfii x Corinecea (shot was hard to take - color is more intense than pic). I love the way this one grows spiral like in different directions - looks nice and different amoungst my other brom' beauties.
Pic 2 - Neo' NOID (any idea's anyone?) this one I rescued off a friends friend as they were going to take to the dump.
Pic 3 - Neo' Paula (shot was hard to take - color is more intense than pic).
Pic 4 - Neo' NOID (any idea's anyone?) This one I rescued off a friends friend as they were going to take to the dump.
Pic 5 - Brom's growing happily - some of these I will have to move soon as everything is getting bigger, some even growing in dead tree stump.

Anyway nice chatting with everyone, better get out back in the garden while there is still daylight - need to spend a little more time with my brom's as I really miss them during the week and really hang out for clock off time lol, back to work tomorrow :(

Look forward to chatting with you all during the week.

Until then happy gardening!

Trish :)