Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 3 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning, and a big warm welcome to Ian. Glad to have you and Trish aboard. More pics to share, yummy! I love seeing what people have, and what they are doing with it. I'm not into growing seeds but I get very excited when a plant sends out new pups.

Tash, I love the tillandsias. Most of mine are on cork, but I'm always on the lookout for a more interesting backing for them, such as a piece of naturally sculpted wood.

Trish, I love the vrieseas, but that Sam Smith is a beauty. I don't see a lot of orange ones that I really like, though they are around, for sure.

Shirley, I can't wait until my neo. Enchantment pup fully colours. It is one I really like. Mauve Star is a lovely one too. I have a few minis that seem slow to propagate, but others that are clumping up nicely in a short time (comparatively).

Sue, I hope my Buccaneer performs. It is a more recent addition to my collection. I love visiting open gardens to see what creative people do. So many people only plant natives these days for easy maintenance. This is great for the wildlife, but its nice to see some exotics thriving here too.

Nev, sorry to learn about your knee. I hope you are recovering quickly. Bring on the warmer weather to ease all these aches and pains etc.

Bree, nice vr. White Bands there too.

Lets see what pics I can find for today. Take care.
Karen

Neo. Grace red USA
Neo. Gympie Lavender Lace
The tiny Neo. Chiquita Linda
Another favourite, Neo. Pheasant
Beautiful Neo. Sweet Dreams X Painted Desert