Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 3 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Hello again. A bit cool this morning. Who turned off the heater?

Trish, a big warm welcome to you. Looking forward to chatting and seeing your pics.

Nev, I really like that cross between Neo. Concentrica x ‘Burgundy Beauty. I have always like those colours, but steered away from bigger plants. That this is a smaller plant really adds to its appeal, IMO.

Wow, Wendy, you have been busy. I remember you saying something about the spa going. Looks great. Congrats on the new car too.

Sue, love the little bridge and look forward to seeing it finished.

Hello Colleen. Hope you continue to take it easy and heal properly. Can't do much without a healthy back. Did Pat tell you we visited her at the craft shop? Wonderful place to visit. We'll be going back for more goodies.

Shirley, I got my Hieroglyphica as a very tiny pup, so maybe it grew into the conditions I have here. It doesn't seem to be a fast grower though getting sunburnt knocked it back a lot. I actually didn't think it would survive as every leaf was burned to a crisp.

A few more current pics of my plants.

Karen

Neo. Enchantment, still a young plant but colouring up nicely.
An unnamed mini neo.
Another noid, but one of my favourites.
Yet another unknown but I like this one too.
Neo. Buccaneer. No sign of this one pupping yet. Maybe soon. I like this one in a clump.