Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Perennials: Mid-late summer blooms, 3 by nutsaboutnature

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsaboutnature

In reply to: Mid-late summer blooms

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Mid-late summer blooms
nutsaboutnature wrote:
Weerobin, Love your pics! You are so right about the weather this year. It's amazing I have anything still blooming as we've been on water restrictions and one rainbarrel doesn't go very far (but does help). Most of what I do still have isn't as hardy or vibrant as usual and some just fizzled away early.

We've finally had some cooler weather and some rain for about a week or two, although we're back up to 90's for a few days.

Hope you also get some more rain, birder17.

June_Ontario, I also see that wierd link where it should say "Browse". This has been an on-and-off thing for the last week or so. I'm going to try and post some pics and see what happens.

I'm leaving seedheads now on pretty much everything. Even with all my birdfeeders, the Goldfinches have been enjoying all the flower seeds.
1) Rudbeckia and Echinacea (plus a Goldfinch eating the seeds)
2) Gaillardia Goblin (not nearly as vibrant this year.)
3) Monarda Grand Marshall (I'm amazed these are still blooming, but they are winding down)
4) Lamium Purple Dragon still throwing out a bloom here and there.
5) Spiraea Neon Flash (a dwarf variety that's only about two years old.)

Although it looks like these will load, it was very slow and I had to cancel out some that wouldn't load at all. Maybe I'll try again later or tomorrow.