Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 3 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone. nice to see all the posts.
I've spent hours tonight uploading all the pics off my camera onto the big computer. I bought a usb media card reader today so I don't have todownload to laptop, name, transfer to USB stick, move to big computer to upload and file in folders. now I can just put in the memory card and they are there on the computer. I had to name them all and file them tonight. didn't realise how often I photograph the same plants.
Pic 1 is the ae macroclamys when it started flowering back in February. I'll get a pic of the flower tomorrow as it is still looking quite nice nearly 6 months later. isn't that one worth the wait. I love aechmeas for that reason. you really get bang for your bucks ... worth the wait.
Pic 2 is cryptanthas marble green, a Margaret Paterson hybrid. it is a rabid pupper so I have a few potted up now and mum is just spitting out lots more.
Pic 3 is cryp wirley gig. I love the way this one twists and wirls. I was lucky to get a pot with 2 big plants in it so I already have 2 pots now. just waiting for some pups.

not game to upload more pics as it will proably crash. By the way Jen has been buying us plants on one of the fb forums. she gets a bit of energy and gets on the computer for an hour or so then has a bit more rest then back to check fb again. one lady has been posting pics on the forum of plants available for sale and Jen has been asking for pups for both of us so as soon as Jen is up to it I can see we'll be going back to Ipswich to pick them up. LOL

Anyway I'm off t bed now. hope these pics will upload.
Night
Wendy