Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!, 3 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

Subject: sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of sticky white substance found on my red peppers HELP!!!
jamibad wrote:
I am growing sweet peppers, There're " Burpee, signature sweet pepper, crispy hybrid" and have been doing great, producing nice red peppers, but today, when I went out to pick the one's that are ready, I discovered this white sticky web looking stuff on the back of the leaves. I need help in getting rid of it, and to know what it is, and what is causing it. My garden is a container garden, I water twice a day, careful not to get the leaves wet, and because I live in Florida, it tends to get very hot during the day, so I water early morning, and than again in late afternoon. My plants are putting out a nice harvest, but I'm afraid that whatever this is, will destroy my plants. Can someone please advise me?
I just moved back to Florida after a year and a half of living in Thailand, I was a member of DG before I left, and just recently returned as a member. This is my first container garden, so far so good, but this has me miffed! I'd look for the answer on here, but time isn't on my side, so I figured I'd just ask, and hope for a quick answer!

Thank you kindly for any help you can give me! :) Jami