Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
You got rain, Sally?! Shame on you! It is SO hot outside. I'm glad my friend likes it so cold in the house, my nose runs in the morning. I think just the heat is taking a toll on some plants, like this one 'Mini Penny' Hydrangea is always wilted and in some areas brown, I water it daily. I kinda don't really want to put a pitcher of ice-water on it several times everyday. It says it's 101° right now. - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast

Here is that Rose-Of-Sharon today, I trimmed it seriously last year. It hasn't phased it though, it is fuller and has really grown and really putting on buds, they are all over it, I can tell they are about to burst some lavender on me.

Haha! No, not 4268 Canterbury Drive. I Googled it though out of curiousity, it's some house for sale in Texas, I don't think I'd go there looking for valuables! - http://www.trulia.com/homes/Texas/El_Paso/sold/21882883-4268... I just made that address up, I shoulda known it really exists..lol

My Grandparents are cool. Next Summer will be their 70th wedding anniv. My only guess on their longevity is pretty stress-free lives, a good sense of humor and little to no sugar, oh, and definitely not smoking.
They are pretty deeply religious, that kinda makes for a worry-free and stress-free life I think.

I think the one Blackberry start that is a root sprout might be the only one that gonna take at this point. That's still kinda uncertain though. Happ, I hope your ready for a Blackberry plant cluster if this start takes!

You wanna hear something funny?! I say to my friend, since you had to put all those oddball microwave dishes back up there, it is harder to find the Rubbermaid ones now. She looks at me and says, "maybe I like rescuing oddballs", she was talking about me! I am glad I am odd! If you hafta to be something why not be odd?!

I thought I'd try some 12 foot tall Sunflowers out in the front for people to look at when they drive by, that'll be a sight! Here they are popping up from a seedpacket. Birds like sunflower seeds I think.