Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
Moisture crystals eh? Thanks Crit.

This Bumblebee likes it some Blue Fortune Hyssop.

I got a hitchhiker Elephant Ear in this pot with a Hazelnut plant it appears.

In the foreground is a big pot of a Blackberry plant that I'm trying to start. That one is the roots and plant from a sprout, hopefully it will do like a root cutting and take off is the idea.
The other ones behind it are above-ground cuttings, not sure how they're going to do, they seem to be shrivelling up pretty good. Although, the one over to the left still has a green stalk so maybe it's gonna take.
The first big one up front I did yesterday, the others I did 2 days before that.

Well, I put yet some more rocks to use in the yard. -

I don't have a single steenking Peach on my Peach tree now! A squirrel has relieved me of them all!

I always thought Hibiscus was a nice tropical looking plant for a sunny spot. I was gonna do something like a beach looking spot complete with a couple bags of seashells even, I was gonna run a little pump to look like waves and water in the ocean. A while back I saw a big lighthouse of lkozarksgarden's - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7827112

I have a Luna Red Hibiscus, it's in flower up in that June 24th post, it's not flowering right now. Actually, I had 2 of them but one didn't come back after Winter for some reason, it wasn't that cold, it probably just wasn't gonna make it anyway. It came from Lowes too, one thing about Lowes, after you buy something from them you must follow they're very frequent watering schedule for a long while, or stuff dies I found out.

I attributed my tomatoes not doing well last year because of the heat and dry spell myself.
Will