Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Looking for inspiration, 3 by dcartphoto

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dcartphoto

In reply to: Looking for inspiration

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Looking for inspiration
dcartphoto wrote:
Here are some photos of what my house looks like when you come in the drive. The camper is not usually there, but my daughter had a "camping" birthday party so we moved it up under the house and just haven't gotten taken out back again yet.

The left raised flowerbeds used to look just like the hills on the right, even almost as weedy as that! Next year we hope to do raised beds on right side also.

There is usually a table under the deck but I'm working over there this week trying to get ready for a big sale so I have moved everything out and it's a bit of a mess under there right now.

Any advice for the top part of the house you can see over the deck rails. That reminds me, we are changing the deck later this year or next. I'll include the photo of the insperation deck rails. The top part of the rails will be lighted and there will be a sail that we can attach from the top deck rail to the house that will span across those windows. We entertainertain a lot out here and we have a tent we can put up now, but we like the idea of just being able to pop a sail up when we want it. Photo from BHG's 21 ways to upgrade your deck

Anyway, back to the question. I'm thinking shutters on the windows but there is still a lot of space. Maybe extra large house numbers on the right corner? If my children weren't still in the house I would put french doors where each of those windows are but I don't want doors going into their bedrooms. :)