Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter....., 3 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....
wrote:
I know I shouldn't have risked, it but I just had to see if they were fertile ...I will be having a long long Winter nursing this latest little test seed ...it's from BB (Holland/German) ...it sprouted !, couldn't be more thrilled, it is Creamsickle x Super Spot. Hopefully this means they are all fertile. I wanted to see if it was ok because the seed cases look so different to the USA seed cases, so was concerned it might have meant they were no good. If I lose this little baby it will be a sad thing, however at least I can say those seeds are good if anyone was worried about theirs or contemplating the purchase of some. As mentioned I have many little bubbies in their humidy cribs outside ...they are doing ok, but Winter is just starting, it will be a good and scary/exciting experiment. If I lose them we still know the others will grow quickly in Spring. I will nurture this one though because as you know I lusted over Creamsickle for my work towards a white version of Twilight Time. I love her shape and stamina in T T and dearly hope to come as close as possible to a white version of her.
I planted one each of every seed I got from Liz too- well yes I know- naughty but testing, OMG sprouts everywhere.
Blaming Alistair and his HUANDUJ.
My back aches just thinking about all the work next year ...oh but I can't wait .
How about you ?
I forgot to ask what your favourite section of the book was ? or which part you enjoyed the most.

chrissy