Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
Where'd everybody go?! I am still working on the water-pond and stuff around here. Man, it is warming up here.
It looks like my Banana 'Basjoo' has expanded a little this year, I count 3 from one! I have another clump of Banana 'Basjoo' a few feet away, it has the same, about 3 sprouts this year.

I'm gonna try to make something of a raingarden just beyond the waterpond, I've already started a little on it, pulling away the mulch and getting ready to do some digging soon.
I need to try to create a raingarden that my friend here wants before she drains my waterpond and fills it in because it makes mosquitos!
Crit, if your out there, how's your pond coming? I looked at my crazy link to folks driving into the ocean up there following directions, it didn't even occur to me until later, that might insult somebody else, I was only talking about me, "I don't think I'd (myself) do that". : )

My rectangular planter full of Liatris is really coming along, maybe I'll have flowers in a month or so. -

'Luna Red' Hibiscus is starting out smaller than I hoped but at least it came back from last year. It wasn't even a harsh Winter and I'm surpised at how much stuff didn't come back!
Well, it was only 3 or 4 things that didn't come back so guess it coulda been worse.

I'm gonna get this climbing pink Rose planted soon. Boy, the selection at Kmart isn't very good now, this was the last climber, pink wouldn't have been my first choice and it looks terrible, but at least it has a little green on it, so it shouldn't be too bad, being pink should even work out okay.
Will

This message was edited May 17, 2012 9:26 PM