Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: About how many daylilies, 3 by nutsfordaylily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsfordaylily

In reply to: About how many daylilies

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of About how many daylilies
nutsfordaylily wrote:
You're welcome Mainer, and thanks for the complement on my garden pics. I didn't mean that PAINTED PEACH was my mother's seedling, but I could send you some of it if you'd like. The one in the pic before that was hers, the red one in the foreground. No name. I have named a lot of hers, though, but have not registered them.

You know, I would love to have an old, junk car in my garden. An old pickup truck would be nice, or a VW Beetle. I've always wanted to have a big trellis with old metal hubcaps welded together onto it. I think that would be so cool! My sister Hope might not like it so much, though. Maybe she would, who knows.

I have some McEwen daylilies. I have DOUBLE BOURBON, LEMON PRELUDE, and ORANGE PRELUDE (those last 2 are really great very early bloomers).

I don't see why you couldn't register some of your iris seedlings that are named for people you know. What better way to memorialize someone. Doesn't matter if they're worthy or not. The rules don't say they have to be worthy. You may never make much money on them, but it's the thought that counts to the people they are named for.

Here are a few of my mother's seedlings that I've named.

!. CRANVIEW ALIEN ENCOUNTER 2. CRANVIEW FAERIE'S TUTU 3. CRANVIEW FAIRTIME 4. CRANVIEW MOVIE THEATER BUTTER 5. CRANVIEW PANTS ON FIRE

Karen