Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012, 3 by brombirdie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brombirdie

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS APRIL 2012
brombirdie wrote:
Good morning all. Hope you're enjoying your Easter break. Had to have a chuckle, Nev about your story of your weekend alone. I had great plans for potting up, depupping etc and so far I've done just about nothing. Got up late, read a book, played on the computer, drank coffee but just can't seem to get motivated without the family around. Never mind, there's always tomorrow .... I especially enjoy your photos now because I can walk around your garden in my head. Posted a photo of your Bill. sanderiana hybrid on FB and it got lots of nice comments. Think you let a good one get away but Sue, Wendy and I have all got a bit so you can always get some back if you change your mind. You certainly can grow Aechmeas. My recurvatas and even fasciatas never look that good. Bought Fantasy at Olive's and said it was only new but I don't know anything about it's breeding.
Love Emily's bunny pot Wendy. She's very artistic and you're very patient. You can always hide the Easter eggs around here to keep them away from Johnny. I promise not to eat too many.
MyaC, looks like Nev and Wendy have given you some good ideas about growing broms in trees. I'll post one of my favourite photos from Kerry Tate. I love it for the birds but the broms growing in it are amazing. I put mine in palm trees with stockings and they seem to stick okay, especially Tillandsias. Catch you tomorrow unless I'm on a roll in the garden. Jen 1. Kerry Tate's garden 2. Neo Cee Bee 3. Neo Lorena