Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Help requested troubleshooting Gardenia., 3 by donrull

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright donrull

Subject: Help requested troubleshooting Gardenia.

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help requested troubleshooting Gardenia.
donrull wrote:
I have never posted before, so please let me know if this is the wrong forum. I read the FAQ and this is the forum linked to for help with identifying insects and diseases.

I purchased these 2 gardenias at the same time last year. Both looked the same at the time of purchase. Since that time I have potted and treated them in every way similarly and they are located only feet apart and get the same exact amount of water and light. You can see one plant is doing quite well (although admittedly needs a little pruning) and the other plant is just barely hanging in there. The leaves seem consistently light green/yellow and the plants has now looked pretty much the same for about 6 months. To my eyes it does not look like veining as many things I have found suggest nutritional deficiencies but alwayssays the leaves will be veined. Any suggestions?