Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: New Container Gardening Area, 3 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

In reply to: New Container Gardening Area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Container Gardening Area
speediebean wrote:
Good morning! Update on my soon-to-be shady garden area!
As I was out and about day before yesterday, I hit a couple of jackpots! My first stop was the dump (aka: Transfer Station). While there, I chatted with my buddy Donnie who works there, and in our gardening conversation (yes, he's a gardener too), he mentioned that last year, some nice patron gave him this cool water pump garden ornament thing. He'd taken it home, but try as he might, he could not get it to fit in with his garden decorum, so he brought it in to work and there it sat, next to the recycling bins. He told me to take it, FOR FREE!! Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!! That was jackpot #1.
Then, since I planned to have time to kill (before taking my truck to her Dr. to have her brakes checked), I wandered over to the Farmers Market. (this was all planned, of course). After nosing around in several different buildings, looking for old watering cans or the like, I wandered to the back of the property where there's only 3 buildings in use. BINGO!! The first place is an antique place, and that's where my first find YELLED at me. A very cool black-and-white oollldddd water pitcher thing. Then, the next building, was PACKED with the widest array of odds and ends, and in it I found a really cute.. I dunno what you'd call it, I call it a planter! And a cute wooden 'rack' that would PERFECTLY hold 3 round 4" growers pots. All 3 for the low low price of $18 total.

Now, here they are:
First is the old pump with bucket, in which I'll grow... I dunno yet, some lovely combo, maybe with Dusty Miller and Artemesia..??
Then is a pic of the other 3 things. You an see the "pitcher" thing on the left looks round, however...
In pic 3 you can see that it's flat on the back, with a hole in it, just MADE for hanging! Woot!! Okey dokey, I'm on a roll now! =)