Photo by Melody

Irises: Suggestions pls...white-flowered perennial iris companion, 3 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Suggestions pls...white-flowered perennial iris companion

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Suggestions pls...white-flowered perennial iris companion
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Hi...An all summer bloomer is Osteospurmum (spring-frost, if deadheaded). I have two both are perenns.; one is light lavender and the other is white with lav. reverse, 8-12". Could seed in Alyssum, annual, 4-6", white and very fragrant; Delphinium grandiflora is available in white also, 12", blooms spring to fall (deadhead), reseeds lightly; Dianthus many white are available, the half hardies will bloom all summmer; Perennial geraniums also come in white, some are all summer bloomers. I use to throw seed for cosmos in with my iris as they come up and bloom after the iris are done. There are some shorter daisies that would bloom all summer also. Caliroe also comes in white and would bloom all season. Those are just a few that would bloom all season. If your interested in seasonals ( ie. spring) ther are many more to choose from. You didn't specify what height your looking for. Will attempt to think of more, is challenging with 20" of that white stuff on the ground, lol. If not to worried about the height, two more I can think of are Veronica spicata "Icicles" at 16"; and Salvia nemerosa alba, 18". Both bloom spring-frost.

Pix is centaurea montana "Amethyst in Snow" 18-24"X24" all season; Veronica spicata in blue (comes in white just don't have a pix of mine); 3rd is Campanula persicifolia in blue but available in white also and all summer bloom; Salvia nemerosa Alba; and the last pix is Dianthus Hybrid Loveliness, very fragrant and spring-frost at 12-18".