Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

General Discussion & Chat: Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!, 3 by Bettypauze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bettypauze

In reply to: Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!
Bettypauze wrote:
Afternoon, busy day.. was 86°f, lower temps than you all but the humidity is brutal, not enjoyable.

Melody wish we had County Fairs, at one time our area fairs and our Toronto Exhibition had great shows but not any longer, I envy you all who get to see these quilt shows. i will have to find out when Midhurst Craft show is, think in the fall, about 40 minutes away, haven’t been for a decade but should go.

Melody I did go to Paduca qu.ilt store, so much to choose from. One year my girlfriend and I were on our way to Texas, my Uncle lived in Tulsa’s Oklahoma, we laughed as we were in middle on nowhere.ere, where I don’t know but was bout 1/2-1 hr from Tulsa when we saw a billboard in the middle of nowhere, sign said”a million and one calico prints” right, here 8n the middle of nowhere’s land. We got off the highway and there was such a pretty little town, on one side was the begging older building, 3 floors, full of fabric and craft supplies, on each side of this building were 2 big buildings, you could drop your Quilt off and pick it up next day, if I remember correctly there was another smaller quilt shop and a Church. Either I marked the name of the town down or thought I’d never forget where, now that is 40 years ago, researched but never found it.

Oh Pat, just the mention of doing Reno’s brought chills, you’ve more gumption than I. Lower cabinets is better than getting on a steep stool. When you purged did you maybe keep to much. lol

Susan that is ht for you. Our farmers are having difficulties as well.the elder Mr. Johnson who had a large store, sold all fresh. Veggies, flowers, acres of vegetables growing didn’t open this season, boy he was missed.. poor guy passed away a few weeks ago,nothing like it around here. How was your garden? L9ng weekend for us, going camping?

Today has been a long day, early morning chiropractor treatment, want to go look for a few things for kitchen, all decorative but i was finished early, stores that might sell what I want didn’t open til 10 so wasn’t about to kill time. Chiropractor office is closed as of tomorrow for a week so I will get to sleep in, as though I ever do.

I worked on the Winnie The Pooh backing, although it looks wrinkled the birth block once pressed will be nice, i sat and too tear away off so I caused most of the wrinkles, then Ari came and finished her quilt, all that remains is waiting til baby is born so we can add birt info on back, she was pleased (9 yrs old) with final outcome.

Grayson enjoyed the splash pad, his baby sister watched