Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Curry leaf plant - browning at the top, leaves not growing., 3 by DocHudson

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DocHudson

Subject: Curry leaf plant - browning at the top, leaves not growing.

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Curry leaf plant - browning at the top, leaves not growing.
DocHudson wrote:
Hello folks,

I have 2 curry leaf plants. They have been growing well over the period of last 5 years.

Last year, I installed UV grow lamp during winter. The plant that is growing well now (during summer) didn\'t show any benefit. It lost all leaves and didn\'t grow a single leaf until June this year.

Whereas the one that is struggling now, also lost all leaves during winter but around March started growing, got new leaves and even tiny branches, but as it was put outside with the other plant, all those leaves fell off within 2 days. It wasn\'t even warm. Now, it is struggling to grow.

I checked the thread and there is a good video from California Gardening. I followed his directions, even changed the soil last week but not much benefit. The new leaves are burning off. The pictures are attached below.

I use Alaska fish emulsion, Miracle-Gro All purpose Plant food, but not much benefit.

Anyone has idea how to figure out the cause?

This year, both of these plants get about 2-4 hours of sunlight. Most of the day, they are the shade so no NYC strong sunlight as such, only morning a couple of hours and evening few hours.

2 images are before re-potting (Image 2 and 4) and 3 are after potting.

Any help is appreciated. The plant that is struggling has a great aroma so I really do not want to lose it.

Thanks in advance.