Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Northeast Gardening: Reviewing 2015 Projects and Plants, Challenges and Results, 3 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Reviewing 2015 Projects and Plants, Challenges and Results

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Reviewing 2015 Projects and Plants, Challenges and Results
DonnaMack wrote:
I love Gruss. I had three at my former home and I have two here. I got the newest two at High Country Gardens, and they were fantastic year one, which was last year. I am pleased that it grows well in shade, because I love it and would like more. It also grows well in a pot, which is where I had three at my former home. The first picture is Gruss in a pot. I love the way the colors of it can be pink, peach, yellow.

The Canadian roses are amazing. I had three Morden Blush at my former home and I have two here. The second picture is at my former home and the third shows it in my parkway at my new house with salvia Mainacht. The salvia is a funny story. Everyone has this perennial, so I, being perverse, was not going to buy it. But I purchased a plant as part of a project at the Master Gardener \"Idea Garden\", and because it was a hardy perennial they demanded that I remove it. The others had been tender salvias. It had gotten so big that I divided it in two and threw it on my parkway. Then I discovered why everyone has it, and it was a perennial plant of the year. It\'s fabulous! So I added the two Morden Blush. And I\'m really happy I did, because I love the contrast.