Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 3 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
77sunset wrote:
Good morning.
It seems we are all taking it in turns to have a few days off then pop back with a nice post.
I suppose everyone does run out of daily news as I do. Nothing much goes on here and without the large garden I had, there is not so much to see change daily with only a small group of plants.
I can show you my new orchid flowers now though.
My roses are all full of buds, just waiting for that sun to come back with a bit of warmth again. Its been a bit chilly since the weekend but usually a bit warmer in the afternoons. We have been getting a morning dew or, like today, a light fog.

Trish, your garden would be a lovely place to sit and contemplate as it always looks so pretty in your pics.
I would also love to see all Joe's orchids, because they were my first favorite flower and I still love watching them grow their new leaf & flower spikes.
I did have a few dendrobiums and they did very well at the old house, but I sold them off as they were too large to have here and I do prefer the gorgeous cymbids.
Love your Rodco Inverta. You know I do like the stripeys...lol
I also like the meyendorfii Spiral.
I have a meyendorfii cross here but cant think of the other name at the moment.

Teresa, what a great thing for your employers to have you doing a first aid course. Something other employers should think about.
You never know when it will help someone and not just at work.

Nice to hear that you are really enjoying your job too.
How is Miss Mischief going ?
Love to see a new pic of her even though she not a bromeliad...lol

Nev, I hope you pop back in as we miss your posts.
Bear with us if we dont post every day , but we are always here.

Brian, how goes the brom collection ?
We can call it a collection now that you are definitely a bromaholic.
What new ones have you acquired ?

I'm off for a haircut today and I hope the sun hurries up and comes out so I can enjoy being outside.

pic 1... isnt she so pretty and dainty. Meet "Miss Muffet "
I have had this little cymbid for about 6 years , first bought as a seedling. Now she has 3 nice spikes and I love the coloring.

pic 2 ... a new baby, this is Hiroshima Sweet Eyes " Pink Perfection.

I thought Joe may be interested to see them , but I will add a couple of brom pics too, because this is the brom thread.

pics 3 & 4... old pics but still pretty. neo Aztec....neo Beauty to Behold..

Take care
Jean.