Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: September - the year is flying by! , 3 by OutsidePlaying

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OutsidePlaying

In reply to: September - the year is flying by!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September - the year is flying by!
OutsidePlaying wrote:
It's good to hear Richard is eating well, so I hope he gets his meds straightened out. You are right, you have to stay on top of everything. I think some of it is that hospitals are more and more short-staffed in critical positions. The other thing is that they are low-paying anymore. They want to pay pretty well to get new people but after about 5 years there are no incentives for the better nurses to stay.

I wandered around outside yesterday and today and was surprised to find a Monarch butterfly. Don't see too many. The sulphurs were everywhere and I have had the fritillaries for a while. My zinnias have done well this year(they re-seed every year) and my hot lips has been blooming like crazy again. Even had another DL bloom.

I ran the 15k race this morning. It was so foggy on the mountain you couldn't see very well 50 ft ahead of you and it misted rain a couple of times. I actually run better when it is cool. So I did pret well and placed 2nd in my age group! They put the 60-69 year olds together instead of in a 5-year group, so I was happy with that and I won a gift card.