Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 3 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
Still very cold here, but the sun is trying to get out from behind the clouds. Yesterday was showery again and also overnight.
The gardens around are looking fresh though and lots of bulbs showing themselves. I have found a heap of tulips coming up from left over small bulbs when the garden beds were cleaned out by the previous tenant.
My little pansies and polyanthus are looking great despite the cold.
Lots of new growth coming on the roses too.
My broms are looking rather dull now and once I take the pups off I think the old mums can go. I dont need more pups from them. This will leave me a bit more room for the pups to spread out.

Nev, always great info from you. I have used Seasol for years , as I have mentioned before.
I started off with it on my brugmansias , but soon used it over the whole garden. Which reminds me, its time I gave everything another dose.
I usually just put it in with whatever fertilser I am using and so far , over the years, the extra fertiliser hasnt harmed the broms. I always use full strength and just pour it over everything.
I guess my broms are used to my ways and just swallow whatever I give them....lol

Teresa. lovely to hear you are enjoying the new job. The new bus trip sounds better too. If it takes the same time, you are losing nothing and having a seat for the trip makes a difference too. Sending a pat for Sugar too.

Trish, I see you and your mum roofing over the entire backyards...lol
So many lovely broms to enjoy.
I hope your weather is starting to warm a bit for you. I was talking yesterday to a friend and he mentioned that the forecast is for more cold but clearing for a nice weekend. I hope that is right as I am looking for more warm sunshine now . I love to sit outside in the mornings with my cuppa , but if I did now, I would be an icicle.
I will post a pic of the newest teddy bears later as I still have to try and get the camera program onto the new computer.
I finally have much better service with the computer now. I am glad I decided to go back to ADSL as it is more reliable than the wireless connection. The new computer is so much easier too, rather than fiddle with the smaller laptop.
The tech who came to check the phone lines and add the connections for the ADSL was wonderful. The best tech I have ever had from Telstra. Very happy and obliging and easy to understand too. ...lol

I am still trying to get a few of the old programs onto this computer and I get lost amid all the technical instructions.
I may have to search out the original discs and redo the darn programs again. That is , of course, if I still have the discs. I may have lost them in the move as I had to toss a lot of stuff and I dont remember seeing any discs.
Oh well, just another thing to keep me occupied.

Better go as I must shut the front door and get a warm cuppa.
I always open the door in the mornings, but after a while the cold air starts taking over inside. Time to put the heater on and get cosy..

Hello Brian too if you are looking in.

More old pics today. ...
vrieseas... Franklin Forest, Grafton Sunset , Maroon Shadow and Plantation Pride.

Keep warm and safe
Jean.