Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help., 3 by dlefik

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dlefik

In reply to: New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help.

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of New to gardening and sunflowers. Need some help.
dlefik wrote:
Hey folks. For anyone interested where my sunflower worries went, well, here's an update. Finally got my first bloom off my Chianti suns. Some of my mammoths are already pushing 7 foot tall, definitely over my head, and even a few of my chianti suns are pushing 6-7 foot as well, which is pretty good considering the seed pack stated max of 5 foot high if I remember correctly. Still no blooms on my mammoths though, which I guess is a good thing. That means more height growing. :) Here's some pics with my first chianti sunflower bloom and looks like loads more blooms on the way.

So weird considering these guys were all only about 4 inches high when I transplanted them in the ground. They're some seriously fast growers. By the way, these images have no color enhancing. Default cam settings with minor exposure correcting because it's a pretty cloudy day. The colors on these Chianti blooms are definitely eye candy.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2015 3:15 PM