Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015, 3 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS GOING INTO WINTER 2015
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone – Today’s the second Sunday of the month and according to our youngest grandson, “It’s train day!” So we’re taking him to the Light Rail Museum for a steam train ride this morning. By the time we get home again there will just be time for a bit more weeding before the Sunday rugby league comes on the TV and then I become a “spectator”.

Jean – I loved living at Dunmore before we moved up the road to Shellharbour, but the one thing I’ve never missed is “the frosts”. We used to cop the lot out there, white ones and black ones and they did knock some of the more delicate orchids around. The good thing about them though was that they were usually a sign of a nice fine day to follow, (once we had thawed out).

It looks like you’re enjoying your new car and isn’t it amazing just how quick you can chalk up 1000 kilometres. We got our car back from the repairers on Friday and wasn’t it good to get it back after using a little plastic toy “Noddy Car” (Mitsubishi) to drive while it was off the road.

The grand kids loved it as it was bright green and almost brand new but it sounded to me like the engine was badly out of tune. I mentioned this to the bloke we rented it from and he said it sounded like that because it was only a three cylinder engine. I’ve never been mechanical minded and only ever had V8’s, 6 cylinders or 4 cylinder cars; in fact I never even knew they made a three cylinder and thought he was “having a lend of me” until I checked in the Log Book in the glove box and found it to be true.…………………….I guess you learn something new every day.

Nice roses Jean; we used to have a nice gold one at Dunmore called either Sutton’s Gold or Suttor’s Gold (I’m not sure of the name) but it was a beautiful rose with a wonderful perfume.

Teresa – So Miss Sugar is going to be de-sexed is she. In my opinion, definitely a good move if you aren’t going to breed her. Over time I’ve had three de-sexed bitches and they were all the most wonderful affectionate dogs you could ever wish to own and they all lived to over 15 years of age. She will become more of a member of the family than she is now.

At last I’ve finally started sorting out pic’s into alphabetical order so today I’m posting a few samples from the A’s. Pic 1 Neo. ‘Amazing Morn’, Pic 2 Neo. ‘Africa’, Pic.3 Neo.’Allan’s Marbles’ #1, Pic.4 Neo. ‘Aleena’, and Pic.5 Neo. ‘Apricot Nectar’

All the best, Nev