Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Daylilies: What was your favorite daylily companion for 2014?, 3 by taylordaylily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright taylordaylily

In reply to: What was your favorite daylily companion for 2014?

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What was your favorite daylily companion for 2014?
taylordaylily wrote:
I never even noticed it didn't load Justin George's picture. I'll try again. Found a couple more favorites looking for Justin George. Get ready to stand on your head. Lol I don't know why they do that. I tried to turn them but they go back. So, just get the blood flowing and stand on your head to view. :-)
Picture 1 Justin George
Picture 2 Puzzling Prize another fabulous red daylily.
Picture 3 Mulan with Pop Star Lily Allen behind it.

Mike, We know your bribable. Aren't we all. :-) What are you telling on me for? I'll blame it on the dog whatever it is. My dogs are great for taking the blame. They never say a word. Lol if that doesn't work then I'll say you made me do it what ever it is. Hehehe!

Linda, You can check your daylily here.
http://www.daylilies.org/DaylilyDB/
I'm not familar with Forgotten Dreams. But, I don't think that is it either by the picture the AHS has of Forgotten Dreams. It's pretty. if you know how tall the bloom scapes are and how big the bloom is we could do a Advanced search on the AHS website. It also helps to know the bloom season. Early, Mid, mid-late, ect... If nothing else we can figure it out when it blooms this year. Was your picture taken in the morning or afternoon? If it was in the afternoon some fading might have taken place and that could alter it's appearance. Your soil being acidic can change the color of the bloom also. Daylilies are funny that way. When you look at Maryott's website. You'll find in his listings some daylilies will have more than one picture showing how different some daylilies can look just being in different parts of our country. I forget it's name but, he has one that is very different if grown in California versus growing in Floridia.

I better get to work.