Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 2 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
A dull morning here again. Yesterday it rained most of the day in very heavy showers. Quite cool too , where the day before one was getting around in short sleeves.

Today is the breakup of the group I go to at the hospital and we had our early Christmas dinner last Tuesday .
Nothing much to do now over the holiday period except play with my plants.
They are all looking extremely good even after the odd weather.
The broms are enjoying a bit of rain and the colors look bright.
I have pups popping out so that will keep me occupied as they grow.
The roses are all going to be a wild splash of color with all the buds coming.
Its just a shame the hot sun will crisp them quickly. Lets hope a few of those smaller clouds can cover the sun during the hot part of the day...lol

I have a bnuch of sparrows and blackbirds which hop among the plants getting rid of any insects.
I have been told there may be a possum or two in some places, hopefully not here. There is a large arboretum up on the hills at the back of the town so they may be up there.
Yesterday I met the fellow who brought all my broms and he said they are looking wonderful with flowers coming on a lot of them. I will get out to see them after the holidays are over.

Brian, your yard looks lovely and tidy. I think Bailey would be a very careful fellow. I think the smaller dogs with their more energetic movements probably knock a few more plants around than the bigger dogs who are more likely to try and avoid obstacles.
Depends on the breed of course.
I remember a labrador I had that never grew up.
She was a boisterous puppy all her life( although a bit slower with age)..

Nev, that near white vriesea is so beautiful, as is the pink one in the first pic. I also like the look of the nidumea. very unusual.
I did have a giggle at the thought of you gazing at your crowded seedlings and thinking of the work ahead of you.
The great thing about the broms is that are happy to grow whatever the conditions and will soon recover once repotted.
With broms around, you will never be bored with nothing to do..lol

Colleen, nice to hear that the boys did get something from the tooth fairy.
I did smile at your chook at the back door. They can be really tame and when it comes to food , very crafty...lol

Teresa. Hope work is going well for you and that you dont get over worked during the busy period.
Sugar will be be getting lots of little treats over the holiday time and I bet she knows just how to make the most of it too.

Hello Trish, hope your mum is feeling much better now and enjoying her broms again.

Shirley, you definitely need a new igloo at the resort for all the pups that are going to spring up from the pampered broms...lol

I am off this morning to the final day of our little group for the year.

Enjoy the festive season everyone and stay safe..
just a couple of old pics of my broms last year.
pic 2 is how they looked in September last year and the first pic is how they looked in December last year.
A good idea of how quickly they can color up in the right conditions.

Jean.