Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 2 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hello everybody,

What a perfect day weather wise today, warm enough but with a cooling breeze as well.
Spent the day visiting my father in hospital and then home for some gardening, giving the Seasol a go before Summer hits for real.

Shirley, I hope you didn't get too much damage with the recent storms, it sounded like it was a good one. Some of the hail looked huge. About 10yrs ago at our old house there was a big hail storm that wiped out every roof in the area, would have been thousands of houses, cars etc. even had to replace a lot of the Gyprock inside the house, scary.

Nev, you have got to of caught the pins in your finger a few times, good luck with your recovery. I see you are typing again, so it must be getting better.
The plant in pic 5 is labelled as Neo. 'Lambert's Pride' but looks nothing like the picture in the BCR, any thoughts?
http://registry.bsi.org/?genus=NEOREGELIA&id=5331#5331

Teresa, yes unbelievable thing to happen on a cricket field with all the protection that they have now. He sounded like a real nice bloke with tributes coming from all over the world.

Anyhow, I will make it a short one as I have to go and pick up the good wife.

Hello to everybody else looking in.

Pics 1-4 are of plants flowering / new growth.

Brian.