Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

We got a bit of rain last night which was nice and the only way I knew was the frogs woke me up at around 2:30am ish from all their croaking which was almost ear piercing like when cicadas are about but not quite as bad; but frogs don’t bother me at all as I have been fascinated by them ever since I was a kid and enjoy seeing all the different types that habitat our gardens.

Hi Shirley thanks looks like I missed reading the background check Nev had already done on Neo’ OBE, I should have known better given how great Nev is at checking such history and wonderful to hear that it’s a Grace Goode Hybrid, no wonder I liked it so much.

What lovely Neo. Pics you posted of so many Neo’s I have never heard of before except Neo. ‘Shep’ which I have. I really liked the look it Neo’ ‘It’s a Goodie’, such a pretty one.

Hi Diane so sorry to hear you badly broke your wrist and that you required surgery to set it right; great to hear though that the pain is settling down so you can still water the garden etc. and that it was not your writing hand as that makes the frustration even harder like in Nev’s case with his injury. Anyway great to see you popping in and ready the posts and taking the time to write us.

Hi Nev pleased to hear the long posts are helping you “Break my boredom” as you say. As well as so very nice to hear you have received so many offers to give you a helping hand if you ever need, at least like you say if you come against something too heavy to handle then you can call on one of your many brom friends to help and that’s a good thing to keep in the back of your mind so you don’t go overdoing things for a bit.

Pleased you liked the picture of the garden full of colour, the colours have greatly intensified since I last took that picture a good couple of months ago now. No issues with your wife’s computer he he, the picture is sideways because that’s how I took it on my mobile phone and Joe saved it for me in a hurry and left it that way unfortunately, there are many saved like that at the moment that need to be adjusted / resaved to file.

Hi Teresa I forgot to congratulate both you and Sugar for your third place win at the recent completion you both competed in; how great that you got to meet Sugar’s breeder and to hear how pleased she was with the condition Sugar is in would have made you feel great. Also very interesting to read what you wrote about improving breeding stock etc. which is not something I would have thought but such an important factor when assessing overall.

Pic 1 - Joe's Paph's basking in the early morning light
Pic 2 - Vriesea 'Tiger Tim' x 2 (sorry sideways again)
Pic 3 - Neo' 'Morando' (just starting to colour up)
Pic 4 - Garden shot (sorry sideways again)
Pic 5 - Neo' NOID?

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish