Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hello all,

Colleen, we put a ‘topper’ on one of the shade houses here yesterday, the one that gets sun most of the day. I expect some of the lovely colour in the neos will fade but that’s better than having them burn. We have had a couple of very hot days here as well ... still no rain.

Nev, physio can be painful but without it you may not regain full use of your hand. I have added neo Red Dawn to your wish list. I have a few pups ready for you now so let me know as soon as you are back in action and I will send them off to you.

Trish, hope you did well with your market stall today. We drove past our local market this morning on the way to the newsagent for the Sunday paper and there were surprisingly few people there. I think it was just too hot for a lot of people to venture out. We spent the rest of the day inside with the air con blasting. The poor dogs barely moved all day, they lay on the cool tile floor in the air con as well.

Jean, great to hear that you have sold most of your plants, even better that the buyer lives reasonably close and you can visit. Great pic of the koala, don’t you just love the way they flop over the branches, I wonder sometimes how they don’t fall.

Teresa, the results don’t matter, what is important is that you and Sugar have a good time and enjoy the show. Great pic of you both, couldn’t help but notice the lush green grass, we have crunchy brown grass and lots of bare patches … if only it would rain. I had to laugh at your suggestion that the plural of Doberman should be dobermen, I like that.

Brian, I have an alc Vinicolour somewhere, I will try to remember to get a photo, it’s a nice deep red colour. I’m hoping it hasn’t been burnt with the 40 degrees temps we’ve had over the last couple of days.

Pic 1 – neo Real Class
Pic 2 – neo OBE
Pic 3 – neo Aquarius
Pic 4 – neo Aussie Aussie Aussie

Bye for now, Shirley