Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 2 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Good morning everyone - Well it looks like the D.G. Gremlin is back again; first me, (unable to load all pic's), then Colleen (with strange "pop ups" appearing) and now Shirley, (with post and pictures vanished).

Shirley would you see if you can contact the D.G. support team and tell them what's happening? I've done it a few times in the past and had very good service. You can get to them via the "Contact Us" facility at the bottom of the page; I would do it myself but I've tried it and D.G. (or should I say the Gremlin) is somehow blocking me from sending the message once it's typed.

We had the A.G.M. of our brom society yesterday, and we all were worrying that we wouldn't be able to fill all of the positions left by retiring members (at one stage it even looked like we may have to "close shop" due to lack of support), but in the end all positions were filled as a lot of the newer members have taken up the challenge. So a great end result with a good mix of long serving members along with new faces elected to the various positions which promises to be a good mix, with the old assisting the new to better understand what their positions entail.

Teresa - I can only see two posts as well but they are for the 31st and the 1st, but given the time difference they are probably the same as the ones you are seeing. The first one is just three pic's and the second one is text only. Anyway hopefully it will all work today.

You sound a lot more cheerful than you did a couple of days ago so I'm pleased that you seem to have shaken off the bug you had and you and Sugar are enjoying the "great outdoors" again.

Trish - Nice to see you back again even if you do have a migraine; stress and worry will do it every time, but hopefully it's now all behind you and things are looking brighter.

I also enjoy siting among my plants at times and just thinking about where it all started and what I have achieved since, and it makes me feel pretty proud that I now have a great hobby that doesn't involve me having to go anywhere and that can be enjoyed within the confines of my own back yard.

Your mention of Bunnings reminds me that I saw they have new mushroom kits now available. Where they previously just had the common ones in the "ready to use" boxes, they now have pieces of wood impregnated with the spore of some of the "special types" such as enoki, shitaki, oyster, and a few others I don't remember. I personally love all types of mushrooms so I might just have to give a couple of these a try.

I'll look forward to hearing from you again tomorrow, that's if Joe isn't still on eBay buying orchids, Ha! Ha!

Shirley - Isn't it a royal pain in the bum when that happens? All's going well and the post is almost complete and "poof"!!! It's gone, just like that. Very, very frustrating; here's hoping it gets fixed quickly.

I don't know whether it's worth a try or not but I'll attach five pic's and attempt to post anyway, just to see if it's working yet.

Pic.1 Ae.'Xavanthe' (Previously called nudicaulis rubra) Pic.2 Neo. concentrica x 'Gee Whiz', Pic.3 Nidularium 'Litmus', Pic.4 Quesnelia 'Avensis' flowers and Pic.5 Ae. nudicaulis albo-marginata.

All the best, Nev.