Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: July: time for the red, white and blue!!, 2 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: July: time for the red, white and blue!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of July:  time for the red, white and blue!!
marsue wrote:
Oh, my, Sandra--what a day! LOL Ya'll will look back on it and laugh about your adventures! :D
Happy Anniversary to you and Jerry!

Charlotte, beautiful blooms and container plants! I don't have much luck with container plants. I think I don't water them enough. ??? My car won't let me lock my keys inside if the keys are left in the ignition but even if the keys are somewhere else in the car, it wouldn't matter because I have keyless entry on my car. You just push a code into the numbers on the car door and voila! the door opens right up! It's a great feature!

Jeri: you and Mary had a fun day, too! What precious memories you made with your uncle!

We are enjoying beautiful autumn weather right here at the end of July! Unseasonably cool with a high today in the upper 70's or low 80's and low, low humidity. It's wonderful! We will be working outside today, too. I have two big hydrangeas I need to get into the ground. I've been waiting for the guttering people to come and put up the gutters on the porch addition before I planted these hydrangeas. However, the guttering people are taking their sweet time about getting here so I am going to go ahead and put the plants in the ground this morning while it is cool. Al will help me and then he will get busy on the weed-eating. I have weeding to do in the shade bed on the north side of our house and some other clean-up work to do in the flower beds.

Here's another photo of our big volunteer sunflower plant. Most of the buds have opened up now. The blooms themselves are not those great big sunflower blooms but I still think they are pretty. We have had to tie that plant up in two different places because it was getting top heavy.
The 2nd photo is of a leaf on one of my hibiscus plants. Do any of you know what causes this and what can be done about it?