Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

Nev, hope it has warmed up in Shellharbour. It has been way colder here than I can ever remember. Our minimum temps have been as low as 2-3 degrees, the coldest for many years, in fact, the coldest temps on record in many places. I must admit Brissie is usually warm and sunny and that’s why we live here.

We didn’t manage any progress on the weed mat over the weekend, and we had other priorities today but tomorrow we hope to complete it. All of the broms that are outside the igloo came from inside and I am hoping to rearrange the shelving to get in a few more when they go back in.

Teresa, first day at your new job … hope it went well. I’ll look for some spotty brom photos to attach for you.

Trish, it sounds like many of us had similar childhoods and have many happy memories from when we were kids. Our pocket money when we were kids was only sixpence a week. We used to walk miles along the highway picking up empty soft drink bottles and taking them to the local shop for threepence refund for each to make some extra money.

Colleen, how long is it taking for your pups to root in the lawn clippings and how deep and how moist is it, please.

Ian, are you moving to the south pole? Will you miss the tropics when you move.

That’s about it for now, I’ll find some pics.

Pic 1 – neo Sun God
Pic 2 – neo Romantic Rendezvous
Pic 3 – neo NOID
Pic 4 – neo Tigerhead
Pic 5 – neo Barbarian

cheers, Shirley