Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 2 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, I have been busy trying to tidy up and pack so that I can sell this house and move to another location. Just as well that I have had the handbreak on as where I am going has been cold -8C and this does not do well for most of my broms. I have had time to plan how I can try to make the new location as suitable as possible. I will need coolind with misting during the peak of summer and heating in winter. The cooling wit be with an industrial fan behind a water mister connected to a timer. The heating will be using hot water under the benches. I am not planning a lot of heat in the water maybe around 25C or something like that ought to push the cold air away from the plants. I just hope it will work.
I have also been making a type of bookcase to contain my plants in a container for the move.
I know that I have been spending too much time on FB but I have met a lot of other bromaholics there and had a few interesting discussions with them.
I have also sold some of my spare plants, not ones promised to anyone in this group.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Vr splendens 2 1/2 yrs old
Pic 2 Same plant side view
Pic 3 N Fosters Little Gem
Pic 4 N Gold Medal
Pic 5 N Perfection, I got careless with a paintbrush.