Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

OMG it is sooo C-O-L-D. The wind is howling, even now.

We have our internet back … we had used up our allowance and Telstra slowed down the speed, as they do. We have a poor service at the best of times, so slowing it down even further means it’s non existent, impossible to open any web site and dropping out all the time.

Trish, nice photos … I’m guessing DG swapped pics 1 and 2.

Teresa, love your story about your stepson refusing to climb down from the tree. Have you started your new job at the supermarket yet.

Nev, love your story too … wonder if he still got into trouble after that comment.

Trish, hope you get lots of time with your broms over the weekend.

We are in the process of laying the weed mat in the igloo. All the broms have been moved out and unfortunately are now being blown about. Also trying to lay the weed mat with gale force wind blasting freezing air, sticks and dust wasn’t easy. We were hoping for a better day tomorrow but it doesn’t sound like it will be. We’ll get there in the next few days and then it’s back in for the broms.

Some pics attached of the empty igloo and my poor broms exposed to the elements (taken the day we took them out, the day before the westerlies started to blow). We did rig up a temporary shade cloth cover today to protect them from the flying sticks and falling branches … we certainly picked the worst time to do this.

Hi to anyone I have missed or who might be looking in ...

Bye for now, Shirley

This message was edited Jul 18, 2014 11:10 PM