Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Weekends just around the corner yeah!

Hi Nev great pics you posted on 08/07, the one that really caught my eye was Pic 1 Alc. ‘Silver Plum’, what a stunner that one is and one I would like to make room for in out garden one day but I keep putting off getting one because I want to be ready to house something so beautiful and rightly so for such a masterpiece.

Nev I too had to look up the history of Neo. ‘Dirty Gerty’ as soon as I brought the pup home as I had never heard of it before then. When I first saw it I was instantly intrigued by its sharp in your face colour and am really looking forward to seeing what it is going to grow up to be like in our garden. It also looks like a tough little brom and I am guessing that it will be able to handle a fair bit of light so at the moment I have it out in the open but under our tiny mandarin tree that hardly has any branches yet and it seems to be keeping its colour well there in all the bright light so I will leave it there for now and see how it goes but will have to move it come summer.

Nev thanks for correcting me with my typo (Heart not Hearts) in relation to the recent pics I posted of Neo. ‘Concentrica x Heart Music’. Pictures paint a thousand words don’t they when you look closely at the seed parent and pollen parent examples you kindly provided and like you say Jack Koning was “spot on” regarding what influences what. This brom stops me in my tracks at the moment whenever I go to walk past it in the garden as I really like the mixture it has going on which I think is an impressive combination of detail.

Hi Colleen I am kicking back in front of your beautiful camp fire pic all cosy and warm just by the look of it but now I have a bad craving for toasted marshmallows ha ha.

Look forward to chatting with you all tomorrow night.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 – Neo. ‘Grace Good Girl’ pup
Pic 2 – Neo. ‘Grace’ - photo taken brightest time of the day
Pic 3 & 4 – Mixture bag of broms
Pic 5 – Neo. ‘Frivolity’ - again pic taken brightest time of the day