Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

We’re back home again after a week away in the van, staying at Toogoolawah. The days were very warm but the nights quite cold. We took the kids with us but as the van isn’t large enough for four, they slept in the annexe. I will attach a couple of pics of them snuggled up in their beds.

Nev, love the neos in your post of 18/6 from the cross that produced the variegated seedlings, especially pics 3 and 5. And you’re right about the name Sonic Canvey Stripes, thanks for that as I did have it wrongly tagged. That is what happens when I rely on my memory.

I like your description of Honey, “a cross between an American Staffie and a bloody horse”, love the pic of her on the lounge … she looks very content there. Those are gorgeous vrieseas in your post as well.

Teresa, hope your job hunting is going well.

Trish, you certainly lead a busy lifestyle, I doubt very much that I could keep up with you for long. Your neo Frivolity is absolutely stunning.

Nev, pleased to hear that Honey has been able to return to her home and hopefully her owner will be back home soon as well.

Trish, I occasionally look in at Facebook but I have never taken the time to figure out how to use it and I agree with you that this forum is a lot better and certainly a lot friendlier.

Good luck with your sales at the market on the weekend, Trish. I haven’t been to a market in quite a while now and am suffering from market withdrawal as well as brom withdrawal as I haven’t had a chance to spend any time with my broms since we got home.

Nev, it’s really cold here as well and blowing a gale, though it’s nowhere near as blowy or cold as it is there. Love that pic of Vr Montezumas Gem x Milky Way.

Trish, I’m still here and still posting when I can, we had no internet where we were staying. I try to post at least a couple of times a week.

I did take some photos today but I haven’t downloaded them yet so I will just post the pics of the kids

Pic 1 – is snugglepuss Rebel who loves to cuddle up with a nice warm coat and a pile of blankets

Pic 2 – is fashionista Molly who didn’t want any accessories that might clash with her new coat and was less than impressed at being woken up at 8.00 am for a photo shoot.

Bye for now, Shirley