Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

It’s been a big week so far and I can’t wait for the long weekend to get here.

Hi Nev great to hear you had such a productive day in the garden recently; it’s always a great feeling when you realize how much you have accomplished in one day and what a difference it makes. I get up at 4am during the week and spend 1hr working with my broms and what a difference it makes by the end of the week, it’s also a lovely way to wake up doing something you really enjoy.

Nev pleased to hear ‘Honey’ is back home and that her owner is recovering well and is back on his feet again.

Nev yes Joe and I have been real busy little bees of late but our wings are getting tired now and we are looking for somewhere quiet to land and chill for a bit as we have run out of juice ha ha.

Nev thanks for the advice of Neo. ‘Prince of Darkness’, I will keep a close eye on it and see how it travels in the bright light I have given it and hopefully be able to provide feedback on how I go. Also thanks for the link on Neo. ‘Flivolity, although the pic on the BCR is beautiful I kind of do not mind its current color as it has a lot of lilac tones at the moment that appeal to me; but it would be great to grow too differently and compare side by side. Nev in response to your question about Neo. ‘Concentrica’ Cross, unfortunately I do not know who the other parent was. I totally agree I can see resemblances with your ‘Charm x ‘Cracker Jack’; what beautiful specimens they both are.

Nev what interesting combinations you got from the seed you grew from Ae. ‘nudicaulis Aequalis’, isn’t nature wonderful, great pics of all the pretty flower spikes.

Hi Teresa yeah – hope today’s interview went well, probably too early to tell yet though so I will keep my fingers and toes crossed until you hear something and let us know. Yes it’s hard to be fussy when your are really looking for work, maybe once you are in and have been there a while the roaster could change to suit you better, you just never know but it’s early days yet but sure you will find out more during the interview and the hours will work in your favour.

Teresa our pouches sleep in our bedroom too, mostly on our bed; so we all tend to fight for some of the covers and they normally win and tend to rabbit kick us if we take up too much room LOL. They both have the run of the house and pretty much sit wherever they want; we treat them better than we treat ourselves I always tell Joe but we would not have it any other way as they are great for our stress levels and we get great joy having them in our life.

Where is Shirley and Wendy, hope you are both well and look forward to hearing from you sometime soon when you can spare some time.

I cant stop thinking of Jean and her hubby and if you are looking in Jean a BIG HELLO our beautiful friend.

This weekend I am doing the market so am busy organizing after work, if I get home in daylight that is. I have many broms to take as well as succulents and gingers and a couple of orchids so should attract some interest; I am really looking forward to the outing as I so really look forward to chatting with people about broms and gardening and get a real kick out of the day.

Monday night I nearly threw our laptop out the window as I had typed my thread and was trying to attach the last couple of brom pics I was trying to up-load and my computer decided to crash, I swore, spat the dummy and it was too late for me to hop on our other laptop so I just went to bed grumpy as I had a horrid day at work and the computer problems just added to my frustration.

Nev I just read your comments about Facebook, it does nothing for me and I just do not have time for it; this forum I really enjoy and have learnt so much since being here and have made some lovely friends in the process; it’s just a crying shame some of the regular posters are not posting like they used to or not at all; but never the less this forum still exists and I am not giving up on it no matter how busy I get when I can I really look forward to logging on and chatting with the great friends that still do contribute to this forum and know I would be lost without it as it is the only forum I am part of or want to be part of at this stage given how busy life always is.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 - Neo. 'NOID' - any ideas???
Pic 2 - Neo. 'Morado'
Pic 3 to 5 - back garden pics