Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias in autumn 2014, 2 by SolMan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SolMan

In reply to: Brugmansias in autumn 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansias in autumn 2014
SolMan wrote:
Cestrum, Hi there sorry for the late return to DG
i have been bizzy with FB and work in general and thought i had lost my account details to here
i have have grown out a number of your seeds and have some outstanding plants from them
1: (white) suaveolens x.?
2: Golden Butter x.(Joli x.Angel Flight) you mentioned that the you were not sure about the cross of the dad and i would have to agree with you as this is so Hugh its like 45cm long and has a very nice apricot color

I thank you for the seed supplied
i was shocked to find this pink double + in the suaveolens x? and thought that what you sent me was a great catch and a bit of a shame that you also throw the seed & seedlings out of the suaveolens cross as you thought that you would get all white. i have had 2 other seedling bloom from the same seed batch which also were white but then mouth was very open but not of interest.

Just like some of the different seed batched we have chrissy sent me a lot listed as ((Star Dancer x.?) x.?) x.GHA she didnt also grow any out thinking that this cross would produce white but god dam Chrissy was so wrong with it i have not had a single white bloom from this cross the lightest color is a pale apricot but moved to orange & deep Pink in there.

I see that your back in the garden with the Brugs and there doing very well for you and there coming in to bloom which im sure is deserving for you as you have had such a pain with all the dry weather and then Bugs, your got some very amazing blooms in the post previous to mine!