Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Got some exciting new broms in the mail today that I will have to pot up this week and take pics of them to post on here in due course; a mixture of vrieseas and neo’s, one I already had but we decided to get another one of it because we like it that much.

Hi Nev sorry to hear about the passing of your good friend taken suddenly like that, even when prepared it stills comes as a great shock to everyone that loved and cared about them and always leaves such a big empty space in our hearts.

I was disappointed I could not attach pics last night so attached them first thing this time before starting on my thread and they attached straight away which was good.

Nev yes I am really looking forward to having the big compost bin finished and ready to be used as we always have a lot of leaf litter, veggie scraps and recycled paper to put in our tumble bins but they get harder to tumble as they fill and there is never enough room for all the leaves we have falling from all the trees. I am also looking at getting a worm farm so I can make my own worm juice from it but will concentrate on getting the building of the compost bins done first. I agree you can’t beat the taste of home grown veggies and herbs and it would be something I would like to have in our garden once again.

Nev yes I absolutely cannot wait for our igloo to be built and ready as some of my vrieseas are crying out for a better place to call home as the grasshoppers are making a mess of them in the garden as well as the neo’s and the one’s we have in our entertainment area some are showing signs of not being totally happy so the sooner the igloo gets built the better. Nev thanks ever so much for the name of the insecticide you use that seems to repel grasshoppers from chomping at your broms in the garden, I will have to order some and give it a try and report back how it works for us, like you I do not want to harm any of the spiders, frogs etc that live in my broms as they are a necessity to having happy healthy broms and I would never forgive myself if I did them any harm.

Hi Bree – thanks for clarifying - still a nice Neo. either way whether it be Big Mac or Macho. – luv it all the same.

Hi Debi those are very nice pictures of Billbergia pyramidalis in flower. Like Nev said why not join us on this great friendly forum both you and your friend and post some more great pics of your broms and chat with us some more if you like some more about broms.

Anyway time to head off and watch a show both Joe and I like to watch together before it gets too late.

Hi to anyone looking in or on the sick list.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 & Pic 2 - Neo. 'Thunderbell' - this one is such an intense red.
Pic 3 - Neo. 'Jinx' - I adore the yellow tones in this one
Pic 4 & 5 - A couple of pics of some pups colouring up some.