Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 2 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Gee Theresa it looks just like you and me today, so this shouldn't take too long. I'm late today as I was waiting to see if anyone else posted but it doesn't look like it.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, however, don't give up hope; as the old bloke who was my neighbour when we lived at Dunmore often told the young 'uns, “jobs are like trains, there's always another one coming”. I know that was true in those days but maybe today the trains don't run as often????

I'm glad you found something useful from the tips I wrote about. I've written a few articles for our news letters now and I have to keep reminding the other longer serving members that we often forget that people just starting out find this stuff quite useful even though we take it for granted and find it boring.

This morning I started clearing away my neighbour's weeds where they're coming over the fence. So far I've managed to cut out a Black Berry bush, a couple of Lantana bushes and given a Cassia Tree a good pruning so that it no longer overhangs my shade house roof and blocks the northern light from my seedlings.

The next job was to attack the abundant “false choko' (Araujia sericifera) which is currently covered in fruit. I've cut this all off at ground level and removed the fruit before it seeds; and just to do the “good neighbour thing” I gave the cut stems a good drink of Glyphosate.

It's now 4.00pm, and I've just fed the wild Lorikeets, Magpies, Kookaburras and other birds so I think I'll make a cuppa and call it a day.

Just a few file pic's of some Neoregelias to finish with today.

All the best, Nev.