Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well and keeping busy in your gardens in and amongst your beautiful broms.

Well I am pleased to report that the stall I held at our local market on the weekend went really well, better than I had expected where I managed to sell a mixture of broms, succulents, cacti and gingers and made quite a few new contacts along the way which in itself I thought was great. It was my first ever stall at a market and I was very impressed with how busy I was for pretty much nearly the whole 5hrs except where it quietened down slightly just towards the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience because I got to talk to people who knew either a little or a lot about plants/broms and I welcomed the opportunity to answer questions people had and show them pics of what maturing plants would grow-up to be like.

Naturally the weekend flew by as Saturday was spent getting everything ready and loaded into our car and trailer in prep for the market and Sunday was consumed by the market where we did not get home until after 2pm, then after that we just rested for the remainder of the day indoors which was nice and I am sure I nodded off here and there because I was so happily exhaused.

My week at work after the weekend has been very hectic indeed not leaving much time to catch-up with you all on this forum’ but I thought I would sneak in a quick catch-up tonight prior to the weekend just to let you all know that I am still around but just that time has been very limited of late with everything going on in our lives at present and the added pressures at work.

We did get some nice rain today both at work and at home with more expected over the weekend which will be nice as our grass was just starting to get that dry look about it in some spots.

This weekend should hopefully be a free one for us with nothing much on except for mowing lawns and spending some time in the garden and naturally spending quality time with Joe, our Pouches and my Broms he he.

I will endeavour to catch-up on all the posts I have missed this past week over the weekend and hopefully there is a break in the weather so I can take some fresh pictures of some of my broms as it has been donkey ages since I have taken any.

Hi Tropicbreeze so very, very sorry and sad to hear about your Mum, our sincere condolences from all your friends here, our thoughts are with you during this very sad and stressful time – take care and big hugs to you our beautiful friend.

Hi Ian look us up if you are ever in Townsville and pop over for a cuppa or beer if you like as it would be nice to meet you if you are ever up this way. Happy belated birthday too, hope you had a good one!

Hi Nev what a very touching story about the naming of Bill. ‘Stephen Stone’, what a beautiful gesture naming the Bill. after your dear friend Steve. From the pictures you have shared with me in the past Steve was a very talented artist indeed and I was totally blown away by his beautiful works of art and I think it is wonderful that you have named this Bill. after Steve as a lasting, living legacy as you say.

Apologies if I have not touched base with everyone individually, I promise to do so over the weekend when I have more time up my sleeve as I just looked at the clock and it's way past my bedtime so I better clock-off out of here.

Anyway until then Take Care and Happy Gardening!

I adored everyone's pictures and plan to take a closer look at them all over the weekend.

Trish

Pic 1 – Vr. ‘Simpson Desert’
Pic 2 – Neo. ‘Sam Smith’ (pup) bright as bright can be.
Pic 3 – Neo. ‘NOIDS’ shining heavy even in full sun
Pic 4 – Neo. ‘Georges’ Prince’
Pic 5 – Neo. ‘Red River’