Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 2 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone
we pretty much finished our reno job today. the paths have all been renewed with fresh crusher dust/cement and watered in so should be hard as cement tomorrow or in a few days. they look good all empty tidy and new. wish we could get rid of all the ones we moved out of there to do the paths. all those plants are now filling up all the paths with pavers and stones. we'll have to bring them all out again tomorrow, clean and arrange in their final homes. we seem to spend a lot of time moving them like deck chairs on the titanic. move from A to B to redo area A then move them back from B to A again.

thank you for all the kind words. I didn't feel as sore this morning as I thought I would. in fact the toe felt great this morning but after a couple house walking around and kicking it, it was sore again. It is the finger really sore. trying to pot some plants today and I kept bumping or pushing with it and it hurt like hell. couple nice grazes on the top. I'll get over it soon. I'll take the bandaids off the toe soon and give it a good soak. I'll see how wide and deep the cut is then.

Nev I've taken some pics of the biggest one of the mini neo ampulacea x blushing tiger seedlings you sent me. I hope the ones I sent back to you survived their little trip ok. If I get any really great plants out of the ones I kept I'll be sure to send you back a few pups. This one as a bit of a look of orlandiana to it but as it grows we will see what it becomes. I'll keep you posted.
Pic 3 & 4 are a couple of my billbergia seedlings. pic 4 is hallelujah F2 already multiplying in the pot and pic 3 is maya F2 colouring up nicely
Wendy