Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 2 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
perke_patch wrote:
sorry Nev once again I forgot to get your seedling pics. we had a couple come to look at the motorhome late yesterday afternoon and will be back in a couple days so I had to put the day into cleaning it out. anything we wanted to keep had to come out and the rest cleaned. It was like an oven in there even with all the windows open. just no breeze when you are inside a shower or a cupboard cleaning.

the new area down the back that Johnny has been working on is coming together nicely. it's looking good and I can't wait to start putting plants in there. lots of new shelves to fill. we're not going to put the totems back in as the wind just dries those plants out too much. He tapped into the large water pipe that runs up one side, along the back fence and down other side. anyway we now have a tap with 4 way splitter on the leg of the shelf along the back fence. he plans to put a shadecloth roof on the new area just to stop the leaves falling into the plants. the sprinklers will then run on the roof structure.

after I finished the motorhome today I cleaned up all he pitcairnias, topped up the pots with new soil and a scoop of fertilizer and some top dressing of spent orchid mix. then returned them down to new area. they look so much nicer now. I wish I had access to the photos on my big computer so I could share some. I've downloaded all the pics from the camera onto here but there is so much sorting to do and naming. I have to listen to the audio file attached to each pic to find name and rename the file and drop into the relevant folder.
I've attached pics of my androlepsis skinneri flowering a while back. I would have liked to collect seed and grow some but apparently they are either males or females and you need one of each to pollinate so we'll have to still to growing pups of these. sorry about the sideways view but it always turns them round for me. don't know why.

Night all. I need some sleep.
Wendy

This message was edited Mar 2, 2014 10:52 PM