Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: So....WHO'S EXCITED FOR SPRING!?!?!?!, 2 by aspenhill

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright aspenhill

In reply to: So....WHO'S EXCITED FOR SPRING!?!?!?!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of So....WHO'S EXCITED FOR SPRING!?!?!?!
aspenhill wrote:
I am so horrible about remembering the real botanical names - I had to look those two up. I have seen and really like Aronia (aka chokeberry), but have never even heard of Pyracantha (aka firethorn) before. The description said it had thorns - specifically good for hedgerows I'm guessing? One of the greatest pleasures of gardening is seeing things grow to maturity - a combination of wonderment, satisfaction, pride, and in my case, relief that it didn't die along the way (an all too frequent situation).

I've attached a few pictures. The first is a close-up view of the area I was talking about for the rose garden which will be to the left of the little waterfall. The second is a long view - the area is at the far back of the photo. The third is my vegetable garden plot when I started it in 2010 - only real sunny spot for it was in the drainfield, so I made raised beds and put up fencing to keep those pesky deer out.

Didn't realize it until just now, but one photo is with cold winter, another is early spring, and another is mid summer. How relevant for this thread topic LOL.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2014 3:06 PM