Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS..., 2 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Wendy thanks for the great advice on growing Tills, I have so many ways to try now so I am looking forward to trying a few different ways to see what works well for here.

Wendy if you happen to come across a spare Neo. Medallion pup one day could you put my name down for a pup thanks after whoever else is chasing one as the list appears to be growing LOL.

Wendy Pic 4 of your Neo. Concentrica seedling is gorgeous, I can see why it was so popular at your brom sale and that a great looking lot of broms on your sales table, they would have been snapped up quickly given there wonderful colour and size.

Hi Nev thanks mums bits and pieces arrived very safely in the post and she is in the process of potting everything up with much excitement.

Nev oh my goodness the air quality you describe with one of the areas affected by the bushfires sounds absolutely horrible. Imagine those like me who suffer from asthma, I am bad enough when our local tip has a burn off so I would not last two seconds anywhere surrounded where there are bushfires. We had one near my work about a month ago and I had to go home because the smoke knocked me for a sixer and my asthma spray did not help at all until I go away from the smoke and was home. I get very frustrated with this though because I have always wanted to be a volunteer in these crisis situations but it’s pointless I would only hinder not help not being able to breathe properly.

Nev thanks I enjoy contributing to this forum because everyone is so lovely to chat with and it’s such a great way to unwind after a busy day at work.

Nev thanks I think I got my barks mixed up for growing Tills and for some reason when you said Bottle Brush tree is good for growing Tills on for some reason my brain converted this to Paperbark tree, must be all those one’s we have in the wetlands that got me side tracked he he.

Nev thanks yes the broms in the back garden beds are starting to colour up nicely with a lot of them flowering at the moment. The Large Neo. you asked about in Pic 3, 4 and 5 from the 21/10 is Neo. ‘Rose Blush’, its HUGE and I luv how its blushing rose in the middle at the moment.

Nev I will have to check if I have Neo. ‘Kay Jay’, it rings a bell but I don’t know if it’s in my garden or on my Wish List LOL. I will check and let you know on the weekend? Nev luved your garden shots so full of colour and wonderful looking broms.

Hi Cody, HOORAH Alex is home!

Cody yep mum has got the brom bug big time and I sent her home with some more vriesea seed and some till seed so she is really getting into a bit of everything and getting a real kick out of it along the way.

Hi Tash you guys sound flat out busy but organised which is great and there is nothing nicer than feeling like you are getting on top of things which then makes you appreciate even more what you have because you have time to smell the roses so to speak. I know when I have made progress in the garden I try to keep it that way as long as I can because otherwise things just keep piling up on me and I only have the weekends spare to play with that’s if we don’t get interruptions along the way. Anyway great to hear from you as I have missed reading your threads and seeing all your beautiful brom pics.

Hi to anyone else looking in or on the sick list.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Random new pics of the back garden: