Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Central Midwest Gardening: Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Have you seen a decline in Monarchs in the midwest this year
shortleaf wrote:
I was at Lowes looking around and I couldn't believe all the Monarchs on these Hyssop 'Blue Fortune's for sale! I had to go back to my car to get my camera. Actually, there was 3 Monarchs before I got my camera and I could only find 2 when I got back. Also, they were loaded with honeybees, but you can't see them in the photos too good. -
In the closeup (1st) of the Monarch you can barely see another one way behind it. In the second photo, one is in flight, it looks like a bird, it's wings were all straigtened out in the photo but if you look about 3:30 from it you can see another one. And then, in the 3rd photo you can see one and if you look about 10:00 from it you can see the other one again. If you wanna look for honeybees you can probably find them, they were everywhere, but I don't know if the pic here is big enuff for them.
I can put full-size photos in my Comcast webspace later if you like. I gotta go, I have a 3:15 appt. to get my hair cut.
Will